Monday, June 23, 2008

Workout for your right brain

I have become a good friend of the security guy after spending long days for the last 6 months at work. His name is Eric. Some people think he is weird. I think he is just somewhat inward. Once you befriend with him, he will talk and tell you interesting stories.

The first of which is that he owns and rides a Harley-Davidson all the time, even deep into winter. He's got heated jacket and pants and boots and gloves. All leather.

Just now he tells me he attended a workshop for Virginia Woolf yesterday. And he writes poets and stories. Recently he writes with both hands. He would write the same words with both hands in different colors. He says he can tap some unconscious idea out of his mind. It is a good exercise to work out the right brain after all.

I am so strike by this simple idea of writing with both hands. He says it was not as difficult as it seems. It just takes time and concentration to practice. Once you have your left hand writing, and write your idea with both hands, you will feel a completely different world.

So I started practicing right away, with A-Z. I wrote from A-Z twice, and then 30 times for each of them. I did A-Z with my right hand at the bottom for comparison.

No comments: