Saturday, August 25, 2007

Snorkeling in Tongping Chau

I went snorkeling today in Tongping Chau. We had 10 people and a few of them were quite experienced. I had only snorkeled once a few years back. To make sure we stay as a group, each of us needed to pair up with a buddy. I paired up with Sue.

The shore was surprisingly packed with coral and fishes. Although most of the coral are dead, there are still quite many living coral and sea cucumbers. Fishes were zooming around us, some are very pretty, with blue body and yellow tail. There were crabs as big as a small dish hiding at the cracks too. A few of us said the sea was actually a lot prettier than Sabah, Malaysia.

Without my watch on my wrist, I didn't aware that it had been almost 2 hours since we jumped into the water. We walked back to the rental store, which was actually a vocation house rental plus a small deli. They served some really nice dishes. Their chilly oil was superb. The best part is the reasonable price.

Some of us headed off to the sea again after lunch, but I preferred spend some time under the sun on the beach. So Don, Sue and I put on some sun tan oil and laid flat on the sand. Although it drizzled and then rained a bit, we didn't go back. I asked Sue to teach us some yoga poses. She did and we all played yoga right there amid small rain. Don drew a "jump aeroplane" grid on the sand and taught us the proper way to play. I had never known it took so much concentration and skill to play this kid game.

I managed to find a long bench on the ferry and laid flat to have a nap on the way back.

It was plenty of fun.


Lunch menu

每人一碗餐蛋出前一丁(1 cm厚的餐肉)
李明叫了一碟楊洲炒飯(好多蝦,好足料)
炸燒賣
炸玉子豆腐
生熟蒜炒生菜
生熟蒜炒菜心
炸蝦
炸魷魚
連飲品,每人$51
______________________

No comments: