Saturday, October 20, 2007

Black & White Photography

I have bought a book about manipulating color photos into B&Ws from Taiwan. I meant to look for one because I am getting interested in B&Ws, since you can remove the color details that sometimes maybe distracting and you can put more emphasis onto the main theme.

I started playing around with the "Channel Mixer" in monochrome on a picture I took right outside NEB, where I can spot the open field of Appleton Farm on their hay harvests.

This is the original (I have cropped the picture to remove the fence at the bottom of the picture.)


and here I mixed the channels with more emphasis on the red;


and in this picture I added more green.


This is a picture I took in San Diego last year:


Now I keep red 100% but put both green and blue to -6%:


My brother's having my hat.

No comments: