Monday, February 12, 2007

The Story of O

I was visiting a friend's home a week ago and she had the book and the DVD for The Story of O. Out of curiosity about this classic, I borrowed them but only managed to watch the DVD today.

Well.. the girl has pretty face and body. Her gaze is attractive too. Her face and custom reminds me of 鍾楚紅. But I don't get the logic of the story. There are plenty of nude and sex scenes, but there are quite some disturbing whipping scenes too. If it is an account of Sadism and Masochism, it seems to me only a shallow and one-way account of female submissiveness.

The book was published in 1954 and the film was made in 1975. I am not sure whether S&M in that era was so male-dominant, or it was just the writer who wanted to take on this vision. But my friend told me the book is better than the movie. I have to start with the book soon.

Pictures captured from the movie (not by me)

No comments: